- 1 onion cut into strips
- 1/2 green pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 yellow pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 red pepper cut into strips
- 1 lb Chicken cut into strips
- 1/2 bunch of Cilantro minced
- 1/4 t Garlic powder
- 1/4 t Onion powder
- 1/2 t Paprika
- 1/4 t Cumin
- 1 t Chili powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t cayenne pepper
- 1 t Olive oil
- Whole wheat or corn tortillas
- Avocado diced
- Tomato cut into wedges
- 1.4 cup queso fresco
Mix all the spices together in a small bowl. Coat chicken with the spices. Let sit overnight or continue.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Sauté the chicken until it is cooked through. Add onions and peppers, sauté until onions and. Peppers are soft. Add cilantro and allow to wilt. Remove from heat. Squeeze the juice of 1/4 of the lime onto the mixture.
Spoon mixture into the center of a tortilla. Add avocado, tomato, and cheese. Enjoy. Makes 10-12 fajitas.